9.25 IFS AAM Rebuilt Front Differential
The AAM 9.25 IFS axle was used in GM K-series trucks from 1988-2010. It features a lightweight cast aluminum housing and has 33 spline axle shafts. Gearing available over the years ranges from 3.42 to 4.56. It is a very durable front differential, widely available, and is relatively easy to work on/with. It features an electronic hub locking mechanism that can be activated easily by a transfer case switch. Lead time on 9.25 builds is 2 weeks.
You will find 3.42-4.56 gearing in the years 1988-2000, and then 3.73 and 4.10 only from then on. Later model cases years 2009/2010 have a slightly lower profile casting and fit better in tight spaces such as Duramax conversions and 6.6 gasoline-powered vans.
- Case inspected, dismantled, solvent-based heated cleaning, smoothed and painted with high-build grey paint.
- Replacement of hard parts showing any signs of wear or potential failure
- Replacement of gaskets, seals, and bearings with OE quality parts and Timken/Koyo bearings
- Replacement of mounting bushings with GM/ACDelco OE parts
- Replacement of locking motor with AAM OE unit (wiring pigtail not included)
- Gear ratios available 3.42, 3.73, and 4.10s. We do not build 4.56 units.
Please note the application when purchasing. If this is for a Timberline 4x4 van conversion, we will pre-shave the fins in the tight spots where they fit into vans so you don't have to. This will mitigate any trimming when completing your conversion. If this isn't for a van-build, select Non-Van application and no mods will be made.
Note: Units are rebuilt with remanufactured cases. Cases may show small pockmarks, imperfections, and chips. We do our best to make cases attractive and more importantly reliable, but cosmetic imperfections may be present.
Fitment notes: We offer 8.25 and 9.25 diffs both. Certain conversions do not allow sufficient space for the 9.25. Mainly, the 6.6 gas and Diesel both. It is possible to fit the 9.25 under a 5-6" lifted 6.6 gas van, but it's a very tight fit and less fun than the 8.25.
Unit requires hand tools only to mount, our front diff mounting solutions require additional tools.
Differential with new lockout motor.
Tips / Skill Level:
1-10 (10 being most difficult) Level 2
This product may work with other model vehicles.
Shipping, Fulfillment, Taxes, Quality, and Returns
- Shipping: Carriers are carefully wrapped and strapped to a pallet, We only ship these to commercial addresses with forklift or dock access. Typically $250 gets crating and shipping done anywhere in the contiguous US. High-congestion locations like SF & NYC or very rural locations can add up to $150. Customers in Colorado may arrange for in-person pickup free of charge.
- Shipping/Fulfillment time for components: We typically ship within 1-2 business days of unit being built, lead time is 2 weeks on 9.25s. If we are unable to meet that timeframe, we will contact you and arrange either a full refund or a timeframe for fulfillment agreeable to the customer.
- Taxes: Colorado residents must pay a sales tax of 7.5%, no sales tax is collected on out-of-state shipments currently.
Quality and Returns: We are consistently complimented on the quality of our products and the ease of installation. Fabricated components are generally hand-built here in Colorado by seasoned professionals. Replacement or aftermarket parts are only offered in high-grade options.
If you are in any way disappointed in the components, we will issue a full refund less the cost of shipping when the product is returned within 30 days of receipt. If you decide to return any components that didn't apply to your build or you changed your mind about, a shipping +15 % restocking fee will be deducted from the refund.