GM 4x4 Conversion Over The Counter Essentials Kit
This kit comprises the over-the-counter components necessary to complete our standard and Hi-Lift 4x4 torsion bar conversions on most 2003-2022 GM 2500/3500/4500 series vans. These components are all required for the conversion and have been organized into a comprehensive vehicle specific group made of tested brand name parts we've had good luck with.
This kit is split just a few ways. We use different shocks for the standard lift and Hi-lift versions, and the CV axles are different for 8.25" and 9.25" front ends, but everything else interfaces across the board of our designs.
The torsion bars used in our conversions (1999-2010) are no longer made by GM, and it's important to get the correct spring rate. We try to stock used (reconditioned) matching torsion bars, but please allow 1-2 weeks for fulfillment if you'd like to go this route. (It's about $1000 more for new Sway-Away bars which are superior, highly adjustable, and brand new. )
Periodically these get sold out and are produced in lower quantities, but we can usually run them down. *We're redesigning our carriages to work with later model bars, but there are some clearance issues we're concerned about.*
- (4) Bilstein 5100 series mono-tube aluminum shocks
- (Pair) Moog / ACDelco / GM OE / Mevotech / Sway-away torsion keys
- (Pair) Timken front hub assemblies (No ABS sensors included)
- Left & Right lower control arms, Mevotech Supreme w/ sintered bearings
- Anchor Doan Transmission Mount
- (Pair) Trakmotive or FVP High-articulation CV axles
- Torsion Bars (Reconditioned HD weight appropriate or Sway-A-Way New)
- Billet Custom CV Spacers (8.25" Diffs only)
- Front Shock bolt-in-mounts (Hi-Lift vans only)
Our pricing on these components is competitive, and they come neatly on a pallet to your shop/door without having to scavage the internet to save $20/part and pray they show up punctually in one piece.
Fitment Designed for:
Van Side - Timberline 4x4 conversions 2003-2023 Chevrolet Express & GMC Savana 2500, 3500 or 4500 series.
Standard hand tools minimum, pneumatic tools, and torque wrench recommended, torsion key unloading tool required.
Tips / Skill Level:
1-10 (10 being most difficult) 2/3 All Bolt in/up components
This product may work with other model vehicles.
Shipping, Fulfillment, Taxes, Quality, and Returns
- Shipping: Our components are carefully wrapped & packaged and shipped via UPS, USPS, or FedEx, depending on what is available. If you require a particular carrier, please contact us ahead of your purchase. Customers in Colorado may arrange for in-person pickup within 1-2 business days of purchase.
- Shipping/Fulfillment time for components: We typically ship within 1-2 business days of your order and we carefully monitor our inventory. If we are unable to meet that timeframe, we will contact you and arrange either a full refund or a timeframe for fulfillment agreeable to the customer.
- Taxes: Colorado residents must pay a sales tax of 7.5%, no sales tax is collected on out-of-state shipments currently.
Quality and Returns: We are consistently complimented on the quality of our products and the ease of installation. Fabricated components are generally hand-built here in Colorado by seasoned professionals. Replacement or aftermarket parts are only offered in high-grade options.
If you are in any way disappointed in the components, we will issue a full refund less the cost of shipping when the product is returned within 30 days of receipt. If you decide to return any components that didn't apply to your build or you changed your mind about, a shipping +15 % restocking fee will be deducted from the refund.