Ford E-Series 4x4 Conversion Rear Lift Kit
***Rear lift kits typically ship in 1-3 business days of purchase.***
Our Ford E-series rear-end lift kit end kit is the most affordable way to lift the rear of your van and solves for a few details during your conversion.
The Dana 60 front axle used in 2005+ Superduty axles utilizes an 8x170mm wheel pattern with either 14x1.5 or 14x2.0 lug nut studs. E-series vans have an 8x6.5 wheel pattern with 9/16" wheel studs. Typically most people like to run 1 spare tire only and like their rims to match, so the easy solution is an aluminum wheel adapter that changes the pattern on the back of your van to match the front.
Our billet aluminum adapters are manufactured here in the US, not from China. We have used the same supplier for 8 years without a single hiccup. They are extremely durable when installed correctly and we've routinely used them on 10,000lb builds without issue. There are 150+ Timberline Vans out running around with these same adapters.
The other consideration when converting your van is the track width of the front and rear axles. The Dana 60 front axle used in Superduty trucks is about 4" wider than the rear Dana 60 found on vans. For this reason, our adapters are 2" thick, giving you a matching "track" front to rear.
This kit is available with either 4" or 5" of lift. Common 4x4 E-series vans have 4" of lift, and the axle shock brackets typically have "extensions" welded onto them. Our kit is designed to use a stem shock eliminator (included) so you can run a standard Bilstein shock and use the factory van shock mounts.
Dana 60/70 + Shock Option
We have options for the D60, and the D70, please measure your axle tube diameter when ordering the D70 unit. The standard kit is for SRW (non-dually) units only. We can sell you just u-bolts and lift blocks for your dually, or if you'd like us to build custom adapters for your rig, a phone consultation will be required.
Our shock option for this kit is the Bilstein 5100 Series shock. The shock works well for vans from 4-7 inches of rear lift, and weights ranging from 6500-8500lbs.
Rear shock specification:
Collapsed Length (IN): 18.04
Extended Length (IN): 29.7
Travel Length (IN): 11.66
Lower Mount: Eye 12mm
Upper Mount: Eye 16mm
Shaft Diameter: 14mm
Finish: Zinc plated
Body Design: 46mm ID smooth body (Non-Coilover)
Internal Design: Monotube
Boot Included: Yes
Other rear-end options:
We have a kit coming available for Sterling swaps complete with an E-brake cable bracket. We also currently have leaf spring packs available for 8000lb-9000lb+ rigs and will have a leaf pack available soon for vans 6500-7500lbs, for 5 and 6-inch lifted Econolines.
If you are working on converting a pre-2008 E-150 gen 4 van, call for details. We can provide you with wheel adapters to match the 5-lug to 8x170mm pattern but must clear the van usage/build prior to ordering to make sure you're making good decisions.
Dual rear-wheel vehicle vans require a little more finesse since the factory wheels are hub-centric to the rear axle. Aftermarket rims, changing patterns, and non-hub-centric applications can complicate the adapter construction so these are all built on a custom basis and do cost more. Please call for more details on DRW conversions.
Fitment Designed for:
Van Side - 2008-2021 Ford E-150, E-250, and E-350 single rear wheel 8 lug vans.
Truck Side - 8x170mm wheel pattern,
Standard hand tools, pneumatic impact gun + deep sockets, torque wrench
U-bolts, hardware, rear stem shock eliminators, rear-wheel adapters, hardware lift blocks, shocks optional. (Does not include lug nuts but does come with 9/16 acorns to attach adapters to the existing axle.)
Factory grade 5/8" replacement steel u-bolts are made in Denver and come with new steel grade 8 nuts/bolts. U bolts do come raw steel. It is recommended you paint and clear the remaining hardware once installed for longevity. Wheel adapters are machined from 6061 T-6 Billet. Stem converters are zinc coated. Lift blocks are fabricated and powder coated steel.
Tips / Skill Level:
1-10 (10 being most difficult) Level 2
This product may work with other model vehicles.
Tighten u-bolts in an even x-type pattern to the following specs
- Pass 1 = 37 ft lbs - Pass 4 = 146 ft lbs
- Pass 2 = 74 ft lbs - Pass 5 = 170 ft lbs
- Pass 3 = 111 ft lbs
Shipping, Fulfillment, Taxes, Quality, and Returns
- Shipping: Our components are carefully wrapped and packaged and ship UPS, USPS, or FedEx, depending on what is available. If you require a particular carrier, please contact us ahead of your purchase. Customers in Colorado may arrange for in-person pickup within 1-2 business days of purchase taking noted lead times into consideration.
- Shipping/Fulfillment time for components: We typically ship within 1-2 business days of your order and we carefully monitor our inventory. In the event that we are unable to meet that timeframe, we will contact you and arrange either a full refund or a timeframe for fulfillment agreeable to the customer.
- Taxes: Colorado residents must pay sales tax of 7.5%, no sales tax is collected on out-of-state shipments currently.
- Quality and Returns: We are consistently complimented on the quality of our products and the ease of install. Components are hand-built here almost exclusively in Colorado by seasoned professionals who are fanatics about design and execution. If you are in any way disappointed in the components we will issue a full refund less the cost of shipping when the product is returned. If you decide to return any components that didn't apply to your build or you changed your mind about, shipping and a 15% restocking fee will be deducted from the purchase refund.